Missouri YMCA Youth and Government students, teachers, Y staff, and volunteers are invited to attend YMCA Youth Advocacy Day at the Missouri State Capitol on April 12, 2023.
A tentative schedule for the day is below. We have some structure to the day to provide a framework for your time in the Capitol. However, please note that meetings and events can change last minute in the Capitol, and so flexibility is necessary. Students will definitely learn how to navigate a fluid schedule, pulling legislators from the floor to visit, and how to advocate for issues important to them.
- Advocacy Day Registration Form | Due April 6
All attendees must complete this form to attend Advocacy Day. This will help us coordinate appointments and other logistics for the day.
Fees & Transportation
There is no fee to attend. Lunch is provided. Students are responsible for getting to and from Jefferson City.
Schedule – April 12, 2023
- 9:30 – 10:00: Arrival at Capitol, meet at the Rotunda on 3rd Floor
- 10:00 – 10:30: Introduction on House and Senate Floors (subject to chamber schedule)
- 10:30 – 12:00: Visits with individual legislators
- 12:00 – 12:30: Lunch at Capitol, potential guest speakers in Rotunda
- 12:30 – 2:30: Visits with legislators, meetings with key officials, potential tour to top of the Capitol
- 2:30 – 3:00: Report out from visits, write thank you notes, and depart Capitol.