With the generous support of the Missouri Convergence Partnership (MCP), MOYAG is hosting our first ever YMCA Youth Policy Forum (YPF) on August 6-7 in Jefferson City.
At the Youth Policy Forum (YPF), approximately 30 high school students will take part in an interactive experience, learning about Healthy Eating and Active Living (HEAL) policy. Students will engage with policy professionals from around the state, learn about HEAL policy ideas, offer their thoughts on policy proposals, receive advocacy training, and ultimately work in a small team to share their ideas and advocacy plans. The immersive experience seeks to hear from youth while also empowering them to be changemakers in their communities.
This program is made possible thanks to the support of the Missouri Convergence Partnership (MCP). MCP is comprised of various HEAL-focused organizations in Missouri, with leadership provided by the Missouri Foundation for Health and the Health Forward Foundation of Kansas City.
What is HEAL Policy?
Healthy Eating and Active Living (HEAL) policy issues are broad in scope, impacting many areas of our communities and lives. These could include issues such as health equity, food insecurity, access to healthy foods, school wellness, walkable neighborhoods, transportation issues, parks, and much more. YPF will offer an opportunity for participants to dig deeper on these issues.
- YPF will be held August 6-7 in Jefferson City at the Capitol Plaza Hotel.
- YPF is open to YAG students entering grades 10-12 this fall.
- Cost is $40 to attend.
- Deadline to apply is noon on Friday, July 19. Click here to apply!
- The YPF 2019 Class will be announced on Monday, July 22.
Apply for YPF
YPF Application | Due by Noon on Friday, July 19
The application includes three questions that must be answered.
- Why do you want to participate in the YPF? What interests you in this program? Please limit your response to 200 words or less.
- Describe what an equitable HEAL policy means to you. Please limit your answer to 200 words or less.
- Rank your top 5 HEAL policy issues. Issues are provided on the application.
The Forum will kick off on August 6 at 10:00 a.m. with registration and check-in. It will conclude at 4:00 p.m. on August 7. The time in between will be filled with policy exploration, hearing from subject matter experts, coordinating a plan of action with a small team, presenting to a panel, and much more.
The YPF program fee is $40. You can pay your YPF fee online using the PayPal link below. You will be prompted to enter the amount of your payment. A PayPal account is not required to use this online payment option.