Below are the forms and applications that are needed to register with Missouri YMCA Youth and Government. Please review each form and view the Key Dates and Deadlines for due dates.
Registration and Scholarship Online Forms
- Student Registration Form | (CLOSED)
Students must complete this online form to register for Youth and Government. This form is due by September 18, 2019. If you are still in need of registering, please have your advisor contact Jacob Lauer at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your registration.
- Financial Assistance Application | (CLOSED)
YMCA Youth and Government will be offering financial assistance, ranging from $50 to $240 to offset program fees. Students interested in applying for financial assistance must complete this online application by September 18, 2019.
- Adult Registration Form | Due October 2
All adults must complete this online form to register for YAG. This form is due by October 2, 2019.
- College Leadership Team Application | Due October 2
Are you a college student interested in volunteering with Missouri YMCA Youth and Government? Complete this application to be considered for our College Leadership Team. Applications are due by October 2, 2019.
Medical Form and Code of Conduct
- Google Drive with Medical Form and Code of Conduct
- Code of Conduct: All participants (adults and students) in YAG must review the Code of Conduct, along with their parents or guardians. All students will then need to sign the Agreement Page and return to their delegation director. The Agreement Page is due by October 2.
- Medical Form: All participants must complete the Medical Form, and students must have it signed by a parent/guardian. These are due to the State Office by October 2.
Student Leadership Applications
- Legislative Leadership Application | Due October 2
Students interested in serving as a Legislative Supporting Officer need to complete this application by 11:59 p.m. on October 2. These positions include Committee Chair, Floor Leader, Reading Clerk, and Secretary.
- Judge Application | Due October 2
Students interested in serving as a Judge need to complete this application by 11:59 p.m. on October 2.
Presiding Officer Candidate Filing Form
- Candidate Filing Form | (CLOSED)
Any student interested in running for one of the following Presiding Officer positions must complete this form: Attorney General, Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Secretary of State, and Speaker of the House. This form is due by 11:59 p.m. on October 2, 2019. More information about these offices and campaign guidelines can be found here.
Media Pre-Conference Submission
- Media Submission | Due October 16
All Media Program participants must submit a pre-conference assignment to the State Office by 11:59 p.m. on October 16, 2019. Students have flexibility in what they submit, such as a print story, video story, feature story about a delegate, digital content, etc. Examples could include a feature story about a candidate from their delegation, a feature about some students doing some cool things in the local community, a print story about a bill being written by a student, etc.
Each student must have their own media submission. For example, if a group of three students work together on digital stories, they each still need to submit an original piece, not three students submitting the same story. Files should be uploaded using this link, which will put them in a Google Drive folder.
Please name the following in following manner: LastNameFirstName.fileextension.
Legislative Bill Submission Form
- Bill Submission Form | Due October 7
All Legislative participants must file a bill with the State Office by 11:59 p.m. on October 7, 2019. If two students are co-authoring a bill, only one form needs to be completed. Any bills submitted after the deadline will not be accepted and the student will be dropped from YAG.
- HEAL Bill Guide: In 2019, the Missouri Convergence Partnership is collaborating with YAG to incentivize students to write bills related to Healthy Eating and Active Living (HEAL) policy. This guide defines what this looks like for the students. Students can either write their main bill on a HEAL policy, or can also submit a second bill related to HEAL policy to receive the incentive.