The 2019 CONA Application will be online in late 2018. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Submitting an application does not guarantee participation in CONA. Space is limited due to state limits set by the conference, which is a maximum of 24 students per state. Delegates will be selected to attend based on their application and their participation at the Youth and Government State Convention. Past participation at CONA is not a guarantee of selection.
The application requires you to answer six some questions, which may include the following. Please give some thought to these questions before submitting your application.
- List up to three topics you are considering for your proposal. (100 words or less)
- What does it mean to you to represent Missouri? (200 words or less)
- How has your experience in Missouri YMCA Youth and Government prepared you to participate in a national YAG conference? (200 words or less)
- In one sentence, how would you describe Youth and Government to someone unfamiliar with the program?
- If you were to share one piece of Missouri YAG culture with the rest of the country at CONA, what would you share? (200 words or less)
- Share about an area in which you could improve or have potential for growth. (200 words or less)