The 2022 CONA Application is now online. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Submitting an application does not guarantee participation in CONA. Space is limited due to state limits set by the conference, which is a maximum of 25 students per state. Delegates will be selected to attend based on their application and their participation at the Youth and Government State Conference. Past participation at CONA is not a guarantee of selection.
The application requires you to submit an adult reference, which could be your delegation advisor, teacher, coach, community leader, etc.
The application also requires you to answer three questions, which are the following. Please give some thought to these questions before submitting your application.
- How has your experience in the YMCA Youth and Government program prepared you to participate in a national YAG conference? (200 words or less)
- How do you hope to grow during your summer experience and how will you plan to use that growth to impact YAG (if you will be a returning delegate) or to impact your college/university/workplace (if you are a graduating senior)? (200 words or less)
- In one sentence, how would you describe Youth and Government to someone unfamiliar with the program?
All applicants must complete an essay on the following prompt by March 28 as well. This needs to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Essays should be around 500 words in length.
In essay form describe a national or international issue that you are passionate about or feel is important, and offer your best idea for a solution. This does not have to be the issue you use for your CONA proposal, if selected to attend.
- Provide an overview of the issue, which includes a brief background or history of it.
- Why is this issue significant to you?
- What specific solution do you offer in regard to the issue?
- What new approach or outcome does your idea bring?